Yamaha DGX 660 is one of the most advanced digital piano models. Today you are going to read our complete Yamaha DGX660 Reviews Best Digital Piano For Beginners on 2021. It will serve you more than you ever expect from a piano! This versatile piano contains each and every feature that even a professional cannot turn down.
Today I’m going to review this advanced model of the digital piano in full details and you will know for yourself why every pianist dream of this model!
The portable grand digital piano Yamaha dgx660 reviews is an 88 key GHS weighted action piano with heavier bass and lighter treble. This digital piano gives you a lot of piano sound options to choose from and customize it according to your wishes. You can also sing along with your piano playing by connecting a microphone in it. So, you can hear your own record through any music player, whether the in-built speakers or USB audio. We have a number of digital pianos on this service list that you can check out the digital piano Alesis coda pro and Casio PX-770 Privia Digital Piano Reviews
Features of Yamaha DGX660 Digital Piano
The structure of this piano is pretty heavy. So, that makes it less portable than the models of other series like P. Though it has lesser portability, no model can come close to it based on its features and functionality.
It is designed as a cabinet style piano and you’ll get a matching stand – strong enough to balance well – with it. Lastly, its “Ikea-style” is very convenient for you to set it up within 20-30 minutes.
The Yamaha company put a lot of effort into keyboard designs. The Yamaha DGX660 reviews is no exception. With this piano, you’re getting full-sized GHS piano keys. When you’re using this piano, you will get the feeling of playing a grand piano.
These piano keys are very sensitive. Even if you press them lightly, a smooth tone will generate. Moreover, its volume sensitivity can be adjusted. You can find this feature on the preset settings.
Among other reasons, Yamaha DGX660 reviews best digital piano for beginners on 2021 is also popular for its sound effects. As an arranger piano, people expect a lot from its sound.
It has a pure CF sound engine which is the main secret behind Yamaha’s premium sound quality. It produces a sound like any grand piano because of this sound system.
The voice, in this case, means the tune of different other instruments. Yamaha dgx660 reviews best digital piano for beginners on 2021 contains tunes of 554 different instrument sounds.
These all sounds include:
- 10 different pianos
- 12 electric pianos
- 14 guitars
- 9 bass guitars
- 5 accordions
- 14 organs
- 16 strings
- 14 saxophones
- 9 trumpets
There are other sound options like flutes, drums, synths, etc. also included with the piano. One of the best Yamaha DGX660 reviews digital piano. We have a number of an electronic drum set on this service list that you can check out the Alesis nitro mesh drum set.
Polyphony generally refers to the number of tunes a piano can generate simultaneously. Normally, the pianos with higher polyphony tend to sound a lot better when you’re performing something. Having greater polyphony means you can have a backup if you get stuck in the middle of playing any piece.
One of the Yamaha DGX660 Reviews Best Digital Piano For Beginners can play about 192 tones simultaneously. This is more than enough to support musicians for creating new music.
Yamaha DGX 660 has two modes to play the piano with the layering mode and the splitting mode.
Layering Mode generates two layers of music within a single piano. If you want to mix two voices simultaneously, then it is the mode you should use.
The splitting mode splits the keyboard into two parts. These two parts represent whatever instrument you choose from the options provided. This mode is ideal for pianists who play with their partners or trainers during training.
Let’s Watch a Video Review!
Connection to Other Devices
Connection system to other devices will facilitate you into creating more synchronized and customized music compositions. So, it is a very important feature.
Yamaha DGX660 Reviews will provide you with a DC power input, a ¼ inch headphone jack for you to connect with a headphone, a ¼ inch stereo output – that is, you can use it to connect to speakers and amplifiers, ¼ inch microphone for you to record your sing along if you want, and one auxiliary input.
There are also some other input-output connection ports such as Power input, sustain input, line output, headphone output, and microphone input.
The accessories you’ll get along with the digital piano Yamaha dgx660 reviews package:
- Wooden Piano Bench
- Music rest
- AC Power Adapter
- Sustain foot pedals
- User Manual
- Safety and Warranty Manual
The specifications of this wonderful professional piano are –
- Dimensions: 55 inches x 17.5 inches x 5.7 inches
- Weight: 46 pounds
- Number of keys: 88 full weighted keys
- Keytop: Matte Black
- Key Action: Graded Hammer (Standard)
- Touch Sensitivity: Soft, medium, hard, or fixed
- Display: 320 x 240 LCD with score or lyrics display feature
- Sound: CF Sound Engine (Pure)
- Polyphony: 192
- Voices: 554
- Styles: 205 including multi-finger, AI fingered, and Full keyboard
- Modes: 2 (Splitting and layering)
- Sound effect options: Reverb (41), Chorus (44), Harmony (26), DSP (237), Master EQ (5)
- Speakers: 2x 6W speakers
- Recorder: MIDI (6 tracks, 5 songs)
- Connections: USB to host and device, Headphone jack, Mic, Aux, and sustain pedal jack
- Additional features: Yamaha Education Suite, metronome, fine-tuning, transpose
- You get to create a huge variety of tracks with up to 192 simultaneous music notes.
- The Graded Hammer Standard keyboard action gives you the simulation of playing a grand piano.
- This piano is designed to be very stylish and elegant, especially the LCD makes it stand out among other pianos.
- This arranger keyboard has a recording and playback option. This includes the MIDI and WAV files too.
- You can get a lot of facilities of a professional piano from this model without having to pay as much. It is super affordable taking the facilities you’re getting into consideration.
- This is not much convenient to move around. Too heavy and bulky. You might need help moving it from one place to another.
- The sustain pedal is very basic in comparison to its other features. The sustain pedal doesn’t correspond well with the piano. So, you should buy an extra sustain pedal that would suit well.
As you can see, Yamaha DX 660 is a carefully designed and manufactured models. With its features and facilities, it really lives up to the reputed name of Yamaha. This Yamaha DGX660 Reviews Best Digital Piano For Beginners on 2021 gives a lot of facilities for experts as much as it gives to beginners. Though it is very expensive among the pianos considering its features, it is not as expensive as other premium models. Still, it is worth the cost it has.